Re: [EP-tech] missing some configuration file

Hi Sonu,

You want to edit /usr/share/eprints/archives/translation/cfg/lang/en/templates/default.xml but be careful to make sure you do not introduce any syntax errors as that could break the interface from where you are editing this file.  You may also need to make the same changes  to /usr/share/eprints/archives/translation/cfg/lang/en/templates/default_internal.xml to make similar changes to internal pages.

You may first need to copy both default.xml and default_internal.xml from /usr/share/eprints/flavours/pub_lib/lang/en/templates/ to /usr/share/eprints/archives/translation/cfg/lang/en/templates/.  You will probably need to do this from the server's command line rather than through the web interface.  In fact my advice would be to edit these pages (e.g. using vim, nano or a similar text editor) from the command line as well.  Really the web interface in your screenshot is only intended for making minor changes or fixes, not significant working rebranding your repository.

If you need to add extra CSS you want to add new files under /usr/share/eprints/archives/translation/cfg/static/style/auto/ as they will automatically be included in the combined CSS file /style/auto-3.4.2.css rather than having to edit the template to add CSS files one by one.  Similarly if you need to add _javascript_ you are best doing that by adding new files to /usr/share/eprints/archives/translation/cfg/static/_javascript_/auto/.

If you want to edit the homepage of your repository you will likely find that at /usr/share/eprints/archives/translation/cfg/lang/en/static/index.xpage, although like the templates you may need to copy this from /usr/share/eprints/flavours/pub_lib/lang/en/static/index.xpage to your archive's equivalent directory.

Regards

David Newman