Re: [EP-tech] eprints XFF header

Hi Maher,

I am not aware of anything with EPrints that would prevent you using a standard approach to acheiving Apache logging of client IP addresses when using a load balancer.  There are plenty of guides online giving advice about how to do this, such as:

http://www.loadbalancer.org/blog/apache-and-x-forwarded-for-headers/

For the purposes of determining the IP address for the access table in the EPrints database, which logs views of summary/abstract pages and downloads of publication documents, it should determine the originating IP address.  Therefore, if you have the IRStats2 Bazaar plugin, your stats page should accurately reflect from where requests are actually coming.

Regards

David Newman