Re: [EP-tech] Apache crashes with a segmentation fault

Hi Janusz,

In the past I have noted that running EPrints using Apache's MPM Event
module rather than Prefork can cause Apache segfault in some scenarios.
 An update of Debian could have led Apache to switch to MPM Event
rather than Prefork but you should still be able to use the latter, by
running:

a2dismod mpm_event
a2enmod mpm_prefork

Then I would advise running:

apache2ctl configtest

This will check that the first two commands have not created any
issues.  Then run apache2ctl restart to restart Apache.  If this does
not help let me know with any additional log information that you think
might be useful.  Also, it would be useful to know the versions of
Debian you were upgrading from and to and the version of Apache you now
have installed.

Regards

David Newman