Re: [EP-tech] Cumulative PhD theses

Hi Martin,

I created a field called related_item recently that was a multiple compound field with the sub-fields type and eprint.  type (may be better called relation in your scenario) is just a free-text field but you could make this a set if you needed strictly limited relationships.  eprint is an itemref field.  I add these to eprint_fields.pl as follows:

{
       name=>"related_item", type=>"compound", multiple=>1,
       fields => [
                        {
                                sub_name => "type",
                                type => "text",
                                input_cols => 35,
                        },

                        {
                                sub_name => "eprint",
                                type => "itemref",
                                datasetid => "eprint",
                                input_cols => 8,
                        },
                 ],
        input_lookup_url => "/cgi/users/lookup/related_item",
        input_lookup_params =>"label_field=title",
        render_value => 'render_related_item',
},

If you are interested, I can send you the /cgi/users/lookup/related_item and the render_related_item function.  Obviously you also need to also make sure you add the related_item field to the workflow and the list of field in eprint_render.pl.

Regards

David Newman