[EP-tech] Bug when uploading files

Hello !

We have found a bug in Eprints 3.3.13 when uploading files from Internet
Explorer.

IE has an option that allows the full path of files to be sent along the
filename when uploading files. With this option enabled, and when
uploading files from a network share (i.e. \\server\share\file.ext
<file://server/share/file.ext> ) the full path of the file is appended to
the filename, with underscores replacing backslashes (i.e.
__server_share_file.ext). When uploading from a local drive, everything
works fine. This is set in custom security settings. Maybe other browsers
have this option too ?

I tried to find where the filename gets set when uploading the file, but I
only managed to hide the path from the upload progress bar (in
88_uploadmethod_file.js). I figure the filename must be set by a server
script. Maybe in perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/File.pm ?

Can someone help us correct this bug ?

Thanks !!

Robin Sylvestre

Services techniques et syst?mes informatis?s

Biblioth?que de l??cole Polytechnique de Montr?al

514-340-4711 poste 3743