[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] REMINDER: job opportunity / open position in EU-H2020 OpenAIRE-Advance, Bielefeld University Library, Germany
- Subject: [EP-tech] REMINDER: job opportunity / open position in EU-H2020 OpenAIRE-Advance, Bielefeld University Library, Germany
- From: jochen.schirrwagen at uni-bielefeld.de (Jochen Schirrwagen)
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 14:57:40 +0100
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The deadline is coming closer, only a few days to go to apply for a post
in a highly motivated team in OpenAIRE-Advance.
*** Apologies for cross-posting - please forward to anyone who might be
Bielefeld University Library is looking for a project officer to work
with us in the recently started new phase of OpenAIRE Advance.
This position is of particular interest of those engaged in repository
technologies and working towards the implementation of open science
Bielefeld University Library offers a full-time research position
starting at the earliest possible time
in the EU project OpenAIRE-Advance - Advancing Open Scholarship
(E13 TV-L, non-permanent position)
# Main responsibilities
Bielefeld University Library is committed to the fields of open access,
search engines, digital infrastructures and bibliometrics.
In this context, the library also participates in the EU project
"OpenAIRE-Advance - Advancing Open Scholarship".
OpenAIRE-Advance aims at further support and implementation of the
European Commission?s Open Access and Open Data mandates. These include,
among others, the consolidation of the Open Access network and the
underlying technical infrastructure based on Open Science principles.
The advertised position enables an interesting and varied activity in an
In detail the applicant?s work will include:
* Coordination of the conceptual design and testing of modern web
standards, collaborative services and open metrics for improved
interoperability and use of repository infrastructures ("next generation
repositories"), (50 %) in particular:
* upgrading and maintaining of interoperability guidelines for
operators of digital publication and research
* development and prototypical implementation of innovative
value-added services for digital publication
* fostering the open access transformation regarding the evaluation
and testing of alternative cooperative business models and cost
transparency in Open Access
* enhancement of machine interfaces to major open access directory
services in the sense of a globally distributed infrastructure (15 %)
* operation and development of aggregation and usage statistics services
in the OpenAIRE product family (35 %)
# Applicant?s profile
The successful candidate is expected to have
* a Master/Diploma degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Library
and Information Sciences or related disciplines
* profound knowledge in software development, data curation and
interface development (Java, REST services, XML processing)
* good knowledge of metadata standards
* good knowledge of Open Science principles, policies and tools
* strong communication and presentation skills as well as organizational
and conceptual skills
* a high level of commitment, team and goal orientation, flexibility and
* willingness to travel
* fluent written and oral communication skills in English
* activities in Open Source or Open Access communities
* experience with the development or use of collaborative scholarly
Salary will be paid according to Remuneration level 13 of the Wage
Agreement for Public Service in the Federal States
(TV-L). As stipulated in ? 14 (1) S.1 of the TzBfG, the contract will
December 31, 2020.
The position is advertised as full-time employment. In individual cases,
this percentage may be reduced on request, as long as this does not
conflict with official needs.
Bielefeld University is particularly committed to the career development
and equal opportunities of its employees. It offers attractive internal
and external training and further training programmes. Employees have
the opportunity to use a variety of health, counselling, and prevention
programmes. Bielefeld University places great importance on a workfamily
balance for all its employees.
For full consideration, your application should be received via either
post or email (a single PDF document) sent to
bewerbung.ub at uni-bielefeld.de
by the 2nd of March 2018.
Please mark your application with the identification code
wiss18012. Please do not use application portfolios and send only
photocopies of original documents because all
application materials will be destroyed at the end of the selection
procedure. Further information about Bielefeld University can be found
on our Homepage at www.uni-bielefeld.de.
Direktion der Universit?tsbibliothek
Postfach 10 02 91
+49 (0) 521 106-4047
jochen.schirrwagen at uni-bielefeld.de
Bielefeld University has received a number of awards for its
achievements in the provision of equal opportunity and has been
recognized as a family friendly university. The University welcomes
applications from women. This is particularly true with
regard both to academic and technical posts as well as positions in
Information Technology and Trades and Craft.
Applications are handled according to the provisions of the state equal
Applications from suitably qualified handicapped and severely
handicapped persons are explicitly encouraged.
Department of Library Technology and Knowledge Management
Bielefeld University - Library
Universit?tsstr. 25 - 33615 Bielefeld
Tel: +49 (0) 521/106-4047
Fax: +49 (0) 521/106-4052