[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Couple of questions
- Subject: [EP-tech] Couple of questions
- From: adam at adamfield.net (Adam Field)
- Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 09:39:17 +0100
1) Log into your repository and uninstall any bazaar packages you?ve installed.? Check the database.pl configuration file in the cfg.d directory to find out the database name, then drop that database.? Then delete the <eprints_root>/archives/<archive_id> directory.? Run generate_apacheconf with the --replace flag then restart apache.? I think that?ll take care of it
2) Yes.? First stop people logging in.? Just add ?return 0;? to the top of the check_user_password function at the top of the user_login.pl file in cfg.d then restart the webserver.? You?ll need to also check the loginticket table in the database ? feel free do delete every row from it.? You may want to put a warning message on the login page so that people don?t think they?re getting their passwords wrong.
From: <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Andrew Beeken <anbeeken at lincoln.ac.uk>
Reply-To: <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2017 09:30
To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Couple of questions
Bump on this too J
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Andrew Beeken
Sent: 25 May 2017 15:28
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Couple of questions
Just a couple of questions that will help me in my migration:
? Is there a command line input to completely tear down an instance of EPrints? Looking at the wiki there should be a ?delete? command but this no longer seems to work? Ideally I?d like to be able to build a repository, test some things and then remove the repository and all associated files to start again, making this an iterative process.
? Is there a way to ?lock down? a repository to stop users being able to add records? I?m thinking for when we?re in the final processes of migrating the data across, I want to be able to put the live repository effectively in stasis ? can I do this with a config flag somewhere?
Thanks in advance!
The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.
The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.
Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.
The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.
*** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/ *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/ *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...