Re: [EP-tech] SSL (HTTPS) only for an EPrints repository

Thank you, Matthew!  We have HTTPS working, with the apache config, but the repository allows users to access “browse/abstract” pages with HTTP as well.  Since we have a search box in our header, Chrome will soon start warning that inputting any text on an HTTP connection is not secure.

I was looking at this Google page which recommends HSTS as well: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6073543?hl=en&ref_topic=6001951

I think that is what we need to implement, I’m just not sure how to do that yet.

I noticed that when I try to access a QUT ePrints page with HTTP, it switches over to HTTPS, for example, going here : http://eprints.qut.edu.au/view/thesis/phd/ , you end up https://eprints.qut.edu.au/view/thesis/phd/

Does that mean that QUT ePrints is supporting HSTS?

Tomasz