Re: [EP-tech] Usertype at demoeprints

Hi Agung,

I *think* the code that's reverting the usertype to 'user' is in [EPRINTS_ROOT]/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/NewUser.pm

In the 'action_create' sub, the config 'default_user_type' is referenced, and the user is created with this.

This config is normally in [EPRINTS_ROOT]/archives/[ARCHIVEID]/cfg/cfg.d/registration.pl

I think there are two options:

i) override the NewUser plugin (see: https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Instructions_for_local_plugins) - you just need to override the 'action_create'.

ii) Make the 'default_user_type' find the data in the request, and return the value selected.

With either option, you should make sue the usertype chosen isn't going to cause you problems - e.g allowing someone to create an admin account could allow them to break things!

If you want to limit the usertype options in the workflow, you can add an 'options' parameter e.g.:

but you should also validate that one of those options has been chosen when processing the registration.