From: <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of "jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch" <jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch>
Date: Wednesday, 15 February 2017 09:31
To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] Export Plugin: Simple Metadata - What is it good for?

Hey List

while tidy up the single EPrint view for our customers, we want to throw away all unneded export plugins. Therefor i'll change the accept conditions from single dataobj and list

$self->{accept} = [ 'list/*', 'dataobj/*' ];

to list only

$self->{accept} = [ 'list/*' ];

However: ~/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Export/Simple.pm is just for single use ($self->{accept} = [ 'dataobj/eprint' ];) and if i delete this, i could also deactivate the plugin from the system.

So here is my question: Does anybody know what "Simple Metadata" it good for? Does any routine needs it or is it just a "Show me all"-Toy?! Recursive grep doesn't show any other used case.

Cheers
 Jens

--
Jens Vieler
Zentrale Informatik

mail:  jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56777
http://www.id.uzh.ch

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc?s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.