[EP-tech] Export Plugin: Simple Metadata - What is it good for?

Did you grep in <eprints_root>/lib/ for it?

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/lib/defaultcfg/cfg.d/eprint_render.pl#L136

It's used to add some metadata to the <head> section of the EPrint abstract pages.

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
Sent: 15 February 2017 09:32
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Export Plugin: Simple Metadata - What is it good for?

Hey List

while tidy up the single EPrint view for our customers, we want to throw away all unneded export plugins. Therefor i'll change the accept conditions from single dataobj and list

$self->{accept} = [ 'list/*', 'dataobj/*' ];

to list only

$self->{accept} = [ 'list/*' ];

However: ~/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Export/Simple.pm is just for single use ($self->{accept} = [ 'dataobj/eprint' ];) and if i delete this, i could also deactivate the plugin from the system.

So here is my question: Does anybody know what "Simple Metadata" it good for? Does any routine needs it or is it just a "Show me all"-Toy?! Recursive grep doesn't show any other used case.

Cheers
 Jens

--
Jens Vieler