[EP-tech] Direct SQL updates for eprint records?

We have found a set of pagination errors in our records.  Can someone clarify the implications of directly updating the records via SQL  vs. writing a script to use the EPrints API to make the updates, including creating revisions?

Executing some SQL directly to fix these errors would be a trivial operation, but is a record of this change required as a revision on the filesystem?  Or can "known good" non-revisioned changes be made ad-hoc without concern?

Enjoy,

- Clinton Graham

Systems Developer

University of Pittsburgh | University Library System

412-383-1057