Re: [EP-tech] Question about REST API, review items under EPrint 3.3

The REST API docs indicate CRUD support (e.g. update a title). If I create a service account with a role that has update permissions would I be able to see them?  I definitely don't want to punch a hole through the security module.  When I reviewed the configuration changes in cfg.d/user_roles.pl I realized I had added REST paths to the public_roles definition.

    $c->{public_roles} = [qw{
        +eprint/archive/rest/get
        +subject/rest/get
    }];

If I add these properties to a more privileged role, say "editor", would that break the security module (I am assuming that it'll require authentication before performing the GET to retrieve the records)?

Thanks for the fast response, all the best,

Robert