Re: [EP-tech] technical question: one archive with two domains

Hi,

This might be a really bad idea (but it might be genius)…

Could you output a <base href="" tag (using the dynamic template system), *and* make sure all links are relative?

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Thorsten Bülo
Sent: 09 March 2017 12:10
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] technical question: one archive with two domains

Hey there,

I'm still trying to configure my eprints archive to work with two domains. I tried all your suggestions (except mod_substitute) in different ways, but it still don't work.

My goal: I want to access one archive using two different domains. So I modified the apache-includes to add a ServerAlias, this part works fine: domain1 and domain2 show the exact same website. My problem: It is the EXACT same website, so all links are the same, too. So if i use one of the links on domain2, I go to domain1 and do not remain on domain2.

Do you have any more ideas why this could happen and how to avoid it?

On my way finding a solution, I tried to modify the html-snippets used to build the website - this worked for some parts, but changing other parts killed the whole site. My idea was to change all links manually (if it was working, i would automate this with a little script). Do anybody know the part/script of eprints which combines the html snippets? I hope that reading this script might help me to modify my repo.

Thany you again for your help,

best regards

Thorsten Buelo

University of Cologne