[EP-tech] Change from XHTML1.0 Transitional to HTML5

Hi List,

after grabbing a little bit of code, opening a supportcase @eprints and reading a lot of stuff, i'm a little bit confused. We changed from XHTML1.0 Transitional to HTML5 (bootstrap) and wand to offer validated HTML-output ...of course!
So it's not only in your template, there are a lot of changes todo.

1.) build a new Header out of HTML instead of XHTML1.0 Transitional

a) change cfg/lang/de|en/templates/default.xml
b) change perl_lib/EPrints/XHTML.pm oder perl_lib/EPrints/XML.pm
c) find an obvious trick, to let eprints NOT check its own templates against W3Cs DTDs (however, support case is opened)

2.) perl_lib/EPrints/XHTML.pm would no longer be XMTML - we have to rebuild it to include some HTML5 rules.

For example including _javascript_: https://validator.w3.org/nu/?showsource=yes&showoutline=yes&showimagereport=yes&doc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zora.uzh.ch%2F120438%2F  vs. https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/scripting-1.html - some of the rules changed around comments, newline etc.

So here is my question: Is there anybody who changed perl_lib/EPrints/XHTML.pm or built a new HTML5.pm?

Cheers
 Jens

--
Jens Vieler