[EP-tech] Installing under CentOS

Hello all!

So, further to my pokings and proddings around over issues installing EPrints under Ubuntu 16 last week, I’ve been talking to our ICT team here regarding the direction they want to head. Ultimately we’ll be looking at migrating our EPrints hosting to a RHEL server so I am looking to set it up initially on a CentOS virtual machine for testing (mainly as we’re going to have to do a lot of tearing down and rebuilding of setup and data due to some alterations that have been made on our EPrints install) and taking note of the process.

One of the things I’m finding, however, is that the instructions for setting EPrints up on CentOS don’t stretch to version 7 and that there are a few different ones out there. I can’t seem to find one that doesn’t throw issues or warnings for me at some point so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I think my main issue is that the deb installer also brings down dependencies and sets up apache/mysql/php which I don’t think the yum installation does (correct me if I’m wrong)?

Any advice would be grand!

Andrew

The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://lincoln.ac.uk/legal.