Re: [EP-tech] add more identifiers in OAI-PMH xml file

Hi Alfredo,
Yes!
I'm not sure how familiar you are with EPrints - if the instructions below don't make sense, please ask!

The OAI-PMH interface supports a number of different formats, via the 'metadataPrefix' parameter. The supported formats can are listed by the OAI-PMH interface e.g.:
http://example.com/cgi/oai2?verb=ListMetadataFormats (change for your own domain).
You may want to check other metadata formats include all the information you want too.

The formats all use an Export plugin, which live in:
~/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Export/ (default EPrints export formats)
~/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Export/ (added by Bazaar packages)
~archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Export/ (local plugins for this archive).

Taking the OAI_DC metadata profile as an example (~/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Export/OAI_DC.pm), this calls the normal 'DC' export plugin, but formats the response for OAI-PMH.

So, to include the identifiers you asked for, you need to change the DC export plugin.

The 'correct' way to do this is explained here:
https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Instructions_for_local_plugins

Here's an example that *might* work. I have not tested it.
https://gist.github.com/jesusbagpuss/1f553a6ef5540c2de57bceefff81fdf2

The DC plugin is also used to add metadata to the <head> section of eprint summary pages.
Changing the plugin in this way will change this too. In this case, you probably would want the same changes.
If you wanted to add something to *only* the OAI-PMH DC representation, you would need to subclass the OAI_DC export format, and make changes in there instead.

Hope that isn't too confusing - let me know how you get on!

PS The 'incorrect' way to do this is to just hack ~/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Export/DC.pm. If you do this, when you upgrade EPrints, your changes will be lost. If you do it the right way, your changes are retained - but you may need to update them.