[EP-tech] yum install EPrints on RHEL 7

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to fresh install stock eprints (3.3.15) on a dev server built with RHEL 7 using the instructions here: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/index.php?title=Installing_EPrints_3_via_Redhat_RPM

Yum works fine for everything I need right up until I add the rpm repository and then it just doesn't.
I can wget e.g. www.bbc.co.uk<http://www.bbc.co.uk>  having set http_proxy , https_proxy and ftp_proxy, but trying to 'yum install eprints' just times out and tries other mirrors before finally failing with

One of the configured repositories failed (EPrints Repository Software),
and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.

     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
        upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
        distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
        packages for the previous distribution release still work).

     3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will then
        just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or use
        --enablerepo for temporary usage:

            yum-config-manager --disable rpm-eprints-org

     4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.
        Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands,
        so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much
        slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice
        compromise:

            yum-config-manager --save --setopt=rpm-eprints-org.skip_if_unavailable=true

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rpm-eprints-org: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
http://rpm.eprints.org/eprints/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#56 - "Network error recv()"

Disabling as per step 3 allows yum to work again for other stuff, but obviously not install eprints.  Any clues?

Alan Stiles
Digital Repository Developer
Library Services, The Open University
alan.stiles at open.ac.uk | oro.open.ac.uk<http://oro.open.ac.uk/>