Re: [EP-tech] File-names validation

I’ve never got on with web imports.  Does the archive you’re migrating to have content in it already?

Adam Field
SHERPA services analyst developer

From: <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Alfredo Cosco <alfredo.cosco@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 30 September 2016 15:11
To: "eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] File-names validation

Hi,

I have to move periodicalli an archive to an other archive.

So

1) export the archive in XML

2) edit the XML file on my needs

3) import the archive with "--enable-web-imports" option

4) it's a institute policy on file naming, but users don't read policies :(

I can't import the records with file that have special characters in file-name

Thanks

Alfredo

What problems are you having in practice with these filenames?