[EP-tech] Import from ORCID

Hi Tomasz

I agree that adding the orcid id as an additional id is a good idea and
yes you can extend the functionality of the cgi/users/lookup/name script
to extract the orcid id from the database and add it to the creator data
on the workflow. Essentially you can copy what is done for the email
(id) field i.e. if your new field was "orcid_id" you would then extract
the current state of the field from the param _orcid_id, use it to
search for values in the database table column creators_orcid_id and use
the form: "for:value:relative:_orcid_id" to write the selected value
back to the component field.

However, this will only allow you to reuse orcid ids that have been
entered for other creators. If a lot of your creators are users and you
have a way of getting users to connect their eprints user account to
their orcid profile (which is something you can do using the member api)
then you could consider changing your lookup to consider users rather
than other creators.

If your creators are not users and you are interested in looking up
orcid ids from the ORCID site then you could look at the Rioxx2 plugin
as this includes an autocomplete that looks up authors using the public
orcid api.

I hope that helps
Peter