[EP-tech] select and mysql 5.6.27

Il 07/03/2016 10:25, David R Newman ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> As John says Xapian will do a much better job handling such searches.
> Other options without switching to Xapian are:
>
> 1. Remove 'documents' field from simple search as this by far has the
> most entries in the index.  It is unusual for a user to actual need full
> text search and they can always use advanced search if they do.

I've removed the fulltext from the epindexer. You can find an email
about this in the mailing list. I just return an empty string for the
fulltext, I don't know if there are better solutions...

That's because the insert of new terms took so long it was unusable and
the indexer stalled (I had to clear the queue).

--
Yuri Carrer

  CAB - Centro di Ateneo per le Biblioteche, Universit? di Padova
  Tel: 049/827 3615 - Via Anghinoni, 3 - Padova