From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Denis Pitzalis <denis.pitzalis at gmail.com>
Sent: 14 January 2016 14:50
To: Eprints Tech Mailing List
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: EPrints and mobile?

Hei guys,

the results using bootstrap module are not bad at all. I have a couple of repositories already running. A public one is here: http://en.unesco.org/esd-repo/

Denis

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Andrew Hercules <Andrew.Hercules at ulcc.ac.uk<mailto:Andrew.Hercules at ulcc.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, an "out-of-the-box" EPrints instance is not optimised for mobile. The UI is not responsive and in order to make EPrints mobile-friendly, you need to use a responsive framework like Bootstrap, Foundation, or Skeleton.  There is an EPrints Boostrap theme available, which you can download here<https://github.com/eprintsug/bootstrap> - conversely, you can also enable it via the EPrints bazaar.

Having worked with the Bootstrap theme before, you will likely want to customise it further as many of the elements have the traditional Bootstrap look and may not be in line with your institution's branding. Also, because some of the changes made by the theme rely on JavaScript manipulating HTML elements and CSS, there is a risk that it could cause a mobile browser to slow down.

I hope this helps - feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Hercules
Developer & UX Strategist

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales. We are committed to achieving a 20% cut in emissions from University buildings by 2015. Please think before you print.