Prof Leslie Carr
Web Science institute
#⃣ webscience #⃣ openaccess

On 19 Feb 2016, at 17:14, Tomasz Neugebauer <Tomasz.Neugebauer@concordia.ca<mailto:Tomasz.Neugebauer@concordia.ca>> wrote:

Does anyone know how to set the maximum number of items that are shown in the RSS export in EPrints?
I searched and found this thread from 2009 with the $self->{number_to_show} parameter described, but that doesn’t seem to be working for me.
Thanks!

Tomasz

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of David Kane
Sent: October-02-09 4:53 AM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: RSS Feed Max. items

Hi John,

You were right.  Changing the RSS.pm solved the problem.

Thanks,

David.
2009/10/1 John Salter <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk<mailto:J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk>>
Good question...
There's a 'max' value in [ep3]/cgi/latest_tool - that's set to 20 - and ignored.
There's another 'max' that can be set in cfg.d/search.pl for a view - but this is commented out in our archive.

EPrints/Plugin/Export/RSS.pm: $self->{number_to_show} = 10;
EPrints/Plugin/Export/Atom.pm:        $self->{number_to_show} = 10;
EPrints/Plugin/Export/RSS2.pm:        $self->{number_to_show} = 10;
-possibly the key? ;o)