[EP-tech] Re: Javascript, workflow question

Hi Raffaele,

Set up a autocompletion can not be the solution. Managers must be able to interact more deeply with idref: search, select a person, create information, etc. I'm looking to implement a solution that interacts with a web application and could be call via the Eprints workflow using the data entered in the workflow. I do not know if I'm clear!

The scenario would be: I entered authors information (full name) in the form Eprints. I click on a button that calls the associated idref application. The search is in the external application. If the external repository contains information about the author, the manager is able to get the data (identifier) in the workflow eprints, if it does not exist, managers identified in the external application (idref) can create and collect in return an identifier in Eprints.

I do not know how to properly build this functionality in Eprints.

 Thanks anyway.

Jean-Marie

PS : sorry for my poor english