[EP-tech] Re: repos with a mix of HTTP and HTTPS

Il 23/11/2015 03:34, Matthew Kerwin ha scritto:

Hi EPrintsers, I have a query about serving a repository with a mix of HTTP and HTTPS.

Currently our two repositories have a pretty standard setup: the bulk of the site is served over plaintext HTTP, including untrusted session cookies. Secure/administrative functions are served over HTTPS.

Interesting, can you post how you didi it? It can be useful.

We want to reconfigure the server to use HTTPS for the entire site (for various reasons, Google search rankings high amongst them.) However we want to retain the option of plaintext HTTP access so that some less modern external indexers and crawlers can continue to do their thing.

What is the problem in using https by spider instead of http? I would switch entirely on https.