[EP-tech] Re: How to change metadata visibility?

There was an issue I saw a year or two back where an item was replaced by a new version so was set to hide, but then the new version was removed again for whatever reason, but the original eprint remains 'hidden' from the search.  I remember flagging it somewhere, but I'm not sure if it has been resolved in a version subsequent to 3.3.10 or not.

Alan

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Monica Wood
Sent: 15 September 2015 01:05
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: How to change metadata visibility?

Hi Again,

Found this: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrint_Object  That explains that metadata_visibility is used for older version of an item, where you wouldn't want it to be displayed in search results. Only the newest version you would want to be displayed. If you look at the items that have this field set to 'no_search' in the database, you may find they are all old versions of items.
It doesn't look like this is something that is changed manually, at least I've never seen anywhere you can do that.

Cheers,
Monica Wood