From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Robin Sylvestre
Sent: 30 October 2015 21:02
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Coversheets plugin - can't find OpenOffice

Thanks Adam,

Yes we followed everything on the wiki. We first tried with the recommended
OO version 3.4.1 but are now on LibreOffice 4.2.6.3.

Here is the current state of /lib/cfg.d/openoffice.pl (after a bit of
fiddling around) :

	$c->{executables}->{openoffice} = '/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice';
	$c->{executables}->{python} = '/usr/bin/python';
	$c->{executables}->{uno_converter} =
'$c->{base_path}/bin/DocumentConverter.py';

	$c->{invocation}->{openoffice} = '$(openoffice)
"--accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager" --norestore
 --nofirststartwizard --nologo --headless';

And where we are so far:

- Under "Admin > System tools" I always have "Stop OpenOffice" whether or
not it is running (when I click, it says "Failed to stop OpenOffice"). The
log says "OpenOffice executable not found". I never have the option to
"Start OpenOffice".
- Running manually the command+invocation from
/eprints/lib/cfg.d/openoffice.pl works: the OpenOffice process starts in
background.
- If I try running manually the script openoffice-local.pl from
/eprints/archives/(ArchiveName)/bin with "start", I get a successful
"OpenOffice started", the process runs in the background and an
openoffice.pid file is created in var. The log says "OpenOffice starting".
- Trying to "stop" the process with the same command returns "Failed to stop
OpenOffice". The process still runs in the background. The log says
"OpenOffice executable not found".
- Killing manually all processes, and trying to run the command again with
"start", I get "OpenOffice started", but the process doesn't start. The log
is empty.
- Deleting openoffice.pid from var, and running the command again with
"start" works: "OpenOffice started", the process runs, and the log says
"OpenOffice starting". A new pid file is created.
- At this point, trying to generate a coversheet fails, with or without a
running openoffice process (started manually from openoffice-local.pl). The
log still says "OpenOffice executable not found". And the indexer log says
"[Convert::AddCoversheet] Failed to add coversheet to document '12993'
[Convert::AddCoversheet] Unexpected absence of coversheet files.
[Event::AddCoversheet] Couldn't create coversheet document". From what I
understand from the code, this error is triggered when the conversion of the
coversheet failed and there is no PDF to append to the original document.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? One thing that we observed, is that the
OpenOffice.pid file contains the PID of the OpenOffice "Splash screen"
instead of "soffice.bin". Is that normal?

Robin