[EP-tech] Multilingual site

Hello everybody,

I am using eprints (v.3.3.14 installed on a debian system using eprints
installation-documentation for debian) to create a deposit. I wish to
use two languages for my deposit (Greek and English), hence I need to
develop a multilingual site. I am following the "How to translate
eprints" guide (http://wiki.eprints.org/w/How_to_translate_eprints)
without much luck so far, while simultaneously trying to use the
"official" Greek translation of eprints (for version 3.0, found in
http://files.eprints.org/427/ , undocumented).

I have managed to use the set_lang script (at least up to a point) and I
am able to see a Greek menu, but the Home page still appears in English
and I am trying to understand why. But this is not my only problem. My
problem is that the guide I am following leaves many questions
un-answered and I'd like to know if there's a more "complete" guide on
how to make a multilingual site for eprints. For example, I found an old
email of this list (dating back in 2004) where somebody was trying to
follow eleven specific steps on a previous version of eprints (2.3.4) to
make a multilingual site, which I include in the end of my email.

So, my question is: is there an alternatvie guide (eg. x-step guide), or
even a more explanatory one that one can follow in order to make their
eprints-based site multilingual?

Thank you all for your time in advance and sorry about my generic question,

regards,

George Mamalakis

PS1: I know that I was not specific enough, but that was on purpose
since my real question is very generic. Once I have more specific
questions I'll post them back.
PS2: The 11-step guide mentioned in this list was this (semantics defer
in my version, and even though my
/path/to/archive/cfg/lang/el/static/index.xpage is in Greek, it never
appears correctly when I follow the relevant link):

1. Creation of /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/static/es directory
with ?
the files from /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/static/en translated
into ?
Spanish.
2. Creation of /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/*-es.* files
translated ?
from /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/*-en.* files.
3. Creation of /opt/eprints2/cfg/system-phrases-es.xml translated from ?
/opt/eprints2/cfg/system-phrases-en.xml.
4. Modification of /opt/eprints2/cfg/languages.xml to add support for
Spanish ?
language.
5. Inside MySQL, copying of xxx_ordervalues_en tables to
xxx_ordervalues_es ?
tables.
6. Edition of /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID.xml to add <language> and ?
<archivename> sections for Spanish language. Also set defaultlanguage to ?
'es'.
7. Execution of /opt/eprints2/bin/configure_archive.
8. Set $c->{multi_language_options} = 1 inside ?
/opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/
9. When running 'bin/configure' and 'bin/install.pl' everything works fine.
10. When running 'bin/generate_views archiveID' and 'bin/generate_static ?
archiveID' the views for both en and es languages are generated.
11. Stop and start Apache.