Universität Zürich
Stampfenbachstr. 73
CH-8006 Zürich

Inactive hide details for Matthew Brady ---23/06/2015 01:33:44---Hi Edwin, More than likely, your browser has cached the all inMatthew Brady ---23/06/2015 01:33:44---Hi Edwin, More than likely, your browser has cached the all in one output css file (auto-3.3.10.css)

Von: Matthew Brady <Matthew.Brady@usq.edu.au>
An: "eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Datum: 23/06/2015 01:33
Betreff: [EP-tech] Re: Problem with the style sheet zzz_local.css
Gesendet von: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk

Hi Edwin,

More than likely, your browser has cached the all in one output css file (auto-3.3.10.css) that gets sent out by the ePrints server, and your changes haven’t been picked up as the filename of that css file hasn’t changed.

We ran across the same thing, and a force reload of all content fixed it.

In the longer term, we implemented a versioning fix, that alters the filename in the template,

e.g the default eprints install pumps out something similar to this in the html content

            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="" />
            <script type="text/_javascript_" src="">

Our fixed template, now pushes out
            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="" />
            <script type="text/_javascript_" src="">

This allows us to force all browsers to load the updated file, even though the filename itself doesn’t change.

Cheers.

Matt