[EP-tech] Re: What does IRStats2 count as download?

Hi Bettina

	The request a copy function in your version will send out a temporary access token to the requester, who can use this to bypass login on the repository for a short period of time.  If the requester downloads the document, then it will be counted.  However, the act of clicking on 'request a copy' does not get tracked by IRStats.  Also, no distinction is made by IRStats of downloads of restricted items by people who have logged in and people with access tokens.

	Does this answer your question?  I'm still not 100% sure I've understood it.

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services