[EP-tech] Multilingual site

Hello everybody,

I am using eprints (v.3.3.14 installed on a debian system using eprints installation-documentation for debian) to create a deposit. I wish to use two languages for my deposit (Greek and English), hence I need to develop a multilingual site. I am following the "How to translate eprints" guide (http://wiki.eprints.org/w/How_to_translate_eprints) without much luck so far, while simultaneously trying to use the "official" Greek translation of eprints (for version 3.0, found in http://files.eprints.org/427/ , undocumented).

I have managed to use the set_lang script (at least up to a point) and I am able to see a Greek menu, but the Home page still appears in English and I am trying to understand why. But this is not my only problem. My problem is that the guide I am following leaves many questions un-answered and I'd like to know if there's a more "complete" guide on how to make a multilingual site for eprints. For example, I found an old email of this list (dating back in 2004) where somebody was trying to follow eleven specific steps on a previous version of eprints (2.3.4) to make a multilingual site, which I include in the end of my email.

So, my question is: is there an alternatvie guide (eg. x-step guide), or even a more explanatory one that one can follow in order to make their eprints-based site multilingual?

Thank you all for your time in advance and sorry about my generic question,

regards,

George Mamalakis

PS1: I know that I was not specific enough, but that was on purpose since my real question is very generic. Once I have more specific questions I'll post them back.
PS2: The 11-step guide mentioned in this list was this (semantics defer in my version, and even though my /path/to/archive/cfg/lang/el/static/index.xpage is in Greek, it never appears correctly when I follow the relevant link):

1. Creation of /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/static/es directory with ↵
the files from /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/static/en translated into ↵
Spanish.
2. Creation of /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/*-es.* files translated ↵
from /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/*-en.* files.
3. Creation of /opt/eprints2/cfg/system-phrases-es.xml translated from ↵
/opt/eprints2/cfg/system-phrases-en.xml.
4. Modification of /opt/eprints2/cfg/languages.xml to add support for Spanish ↵
language.
5. Inside MySQL, copying of xxx_ordervalues_en tables to xxx_ordervalues_es ↵
tables.
6. Edition of /opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID.xml to add <language> and ↵
<archivename> sections for Spanish language. Also set defaultlanguage to ↵
'es'.
7. Execution of /opt/eprints2/bin/configure_archive.
8. Set $c->{multi_language_options} = 1 inside ↵
/opt/eprints2/archives/archiveID/cfg/
9. When running 'bin/configure' and 'bin/install.pl' everything works fine.
10. When running 'bin/generate_views archiveID' and 'bin/generate_static ↵
archiveID' the views for both en and es languages are generated.
11. Stop and start Apache.