[EP-tech] Re: exact match on advanced search

Hi,

I have already seen an advice about using "id" and I had a a small concern about it.

The Wiki says (http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Category:EPrints_Metadata_Fields#Internal-use_and_Deprecated_Field_Types) :

     Internal-use and Deprecated Field Types

        Basic metadata field
            File - virtual field represtenting the files in a document
   *  Id - deprecated (do not use)*
            Int
                Year - deprecated (do not use)

So is the Wiki right or not ? Is 'ID" really safe to use ?

We had to find a way to search on multiword keywords and so we also needed exact matches.
As ID is advertised as "do not use", we had to find another way.
We ended up adding a "match" attribute to the field definition,...

   {
            name => 'agrovoc_mat',
            type => 'compound',
            multiple => 1,
            input_boxes => 3,
            fields => [
                    {
                            sub_name => 'motcle',
                            type => 'text',
                            sql_index => 1,
   *match => 'EX',*
                            browse_link => 'agrovoc_mat',
                    },
                    {
                            sub_name => 'id',
                            type => 'bigint',
                    },
            ],
   },

BTW, I'm not sure at all whether this solution is safer or not...

If someone can clarify that, it would be nice.

Thanks.
GF