[EP-tech] Re: upgrading IRStats to IRStats2

IRStats 2 runs completely separately from IRStats 1, using different scripts, libraries and database tables.  It's perfectly possible (and has been observed in the wild) to run both on the same repository.  Don't think about it as an upgrade, think about it as installing a new tool and removing an old one.  One implication of this is that you will have to process the whole access table.  You may want to archive the table and then remove anything older than X (where X is time period you feel comfortable with).

Documentation can be found here: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/IRStats_2

Best Wishes

--
Adam Field