From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Gilles Fournié
Sent: 15 April 2015 16:24
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] How to add functions for use in citations ?

Hi,

I would like to add a function to work on varaibles in citations (like
the ones in perl_lib/EPrints/Script/Compiled.pm).
I have already written the one we need... (basically it changes
occurrences of #...# in titles or abstracts to italics)

I have added a :
     sub run_crd_make_ital { ... }
in perl_lib/EPrints/Script/Compiled.pm.

It works, but I don't like modifying core files.

Is it possible to do something like what we do for Plugins :  write a
module in archives/ID/plugins/EPrints/Scripts/... and make it extend the
core module ?
I tried a few things but none worked.

Do you have any idea about the right way to do it ?

Thanks
GF