[EP-tech] Re: IRStats 2 & EPrints 3.3.13

Hi Greg,

Have you got either the Geo::IP or Geo::IP::PurePerl module installed?

Without them, you won’t get any country stats as the Countries plugin will be disabled by the check on https://github.com/eprints/irstats2/blob/master/cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Stats/Processor/Access/Country.pm#L41

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Greg Whitney
Sent: 01 April 2015 17:38
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] IRStats 2 & EPrints 3.3.13

Hello,

We have installed IRStats 2 in a Eprints 3.3.13 test environment. I am not getting any country statistics or Google Maps data in the canned reports, even though they are in the default configuration file.

I am just wondering if the following section from the installation manual also applies to EPrints 3.3.10++.  Do we need these 2 patches for EPrints 3.3.13 with IRStats 2?

EPrints 3.3.1 to 3.3.10

You need to install IRStats2 from the Bazaar as above but you need to apply a few patches. Note that you only really need these patches to have the Google "map of the world" working. Everything else should work as normal without the patches.

The patches relate to an incompatibility between the Prototype JS library (used by EPrints) and Google Charts (used by IRStats2). The two patches you need to apply are:

Thanks!

Greg Whitney

Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal