[EP-tech] Re: Not Importing other metadata fields using the XML Plugin

Hi Admire

It seems to me, that your using quite an old XML Format (the page you mention is from 2003). Actually your record can be imported like that:

<eprints>
<eprint>
<userid>1</userid>
<date>2010-07-26</date>
<type>article</type>
<title>State - Civil Relations and Economic Management: the contribution of the Institute of Development Studies, University of Zimbabwe</title>
  <creators>
    <item>
      <name>
        <given>Donald</given>
        <family>Chimanikire</family>
         </name>
    </item>
</creators>
<divisions>universities</divisions>
<keywords>civil society</keywords>
<keywords>state relations</keywords>
<keywords>economic management</keywords>
<keywords>Southern Africa</keywords>
<keywords>Zimbabwe</keywords>
<eprint_status>archive</eprint_status>
<metadata_visibility>show</metadata_visibility>
<full_text_status>none</full_text_status>
<official_url>http://hdl.handle.net/10646/8</official_url>>
<abstract>Paper presented at a National Workshop sponsored by OSSREA on "Promoting Good Governance and Wider Civil Society Participation in Eastern and Southern Africa: The Case of Zimbabwe", 15 September 2000</abstract>
</eprint>
</eprints>

As the default keywords field is a simple textfield there will be warning during the import, that element keywords is appearing multiple times. You may merge those keywords together before the import or modify the field type of keywords in Eprints.

Christian