[EP-tech] Re: Implementing EPrints as an OAI-PMH Service Provider

Hi

Thanks to your response. My PERL  programming is not that good. I will
settle to use  any generic XML format as long as it harvest the URL from the
harvested Data Providers' record. I have gone through the instructions. From
the instruction
      2- Edit the configuration file 'cfg/cfg.d/oai_harvester.pl' and create
a new configuration for the service you want to harvest (an example is
provided in that file) eg:
How is the new configuration file for the new service to be name? is it
possible to name the configuration file, for example as iruz.pl so that in
the next set of instruction,

		$c->{oai_harvester}->{service_name} = {
       			 url => 'http://oaiserver.com/oai',

I can replace the service name with iruz and the url with the oai url base
for the repository to be harvested? I am wondering how the link between the
service_name and the its corresponding configuration file can be done. I
will appreciate any pointers.

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa (Mr)
ICT Manager
Libraries
University of Zimbabwe
Tel:+263-4-303276
Mob:+263782476883

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities."  Josiah Charles Stamp