[EP-tech] Re: eprint fields: metadata_visibility / replacedBy

>Is this a bug?

I think this is normal now. The succeeds field should get set on the new version.

(as I’ve just mentioned on another thread)…

The ‘replacedby’ field is no longer used.

If an EPrint is a later version of something, this is stored in the ‘succeeds’ field.

The replaced/succeeds threads are now calculated using methods defined in EPrints::DataObj::EPrint (search https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/EPrint.pm for ‘in_thread’ to see that various methods).