[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] EPrints hack day - 10th September 2015, Southampton UK
- Subject: [EP-tech] EPrints hack day - 10th September 2015, Southampton UK
- From: J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk (John Salter)
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:53:22 +0000
Would you be interested in a community engaged EPrints hack day on September 10th, in Southampton (prior to the UK EPrints User Group on the 11th September)?
We would be concentrating on the EPrints core (rather than Bazaar packages) and I think that we could get close to the next release with this work ? a positive/definite outcome, rather than a ?some progress was made on some things? outcome.
I know that there are varying levels of EPrints knowledge / ability on this list - the idea would be that people could work individually or together on issues to resolve them, and in the process become more skilled in EPrints wizardry. People with more in-depth EPrints knowledge would be present assist (whilst they themselves are working on more complex bugs/issues). If you are still new to EPrints then you could participate by working with others, and provide valuable feedback on the work taking place and the documentation created.
I hope we could achieve:
- resolve open pull requests (https://github.com/eprints/eprints/pulls)
- resolve known bugs (https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abug)
- close as many other Issues from GitHub as possible (https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues)
- flag/tag/milestone remaining Issues
- write (better) documentation for anything we resolve
- ??? (you tell us!)
The skills you would need are:
- EPrints knowledge
- some Git knowledge (but we can help with this)
- ability to consume caffeine
If it's not practical to get to Southampton, I hope you would still be involved - maybe using https://gitter.im/eprints/eprints as a communication channel.
Would you be interested in joining us at this event - either locally or remotely?