[EP-tech] Re: Thumbnail previews on "Browse by Type"

Hi Jacob

	Browse views can be very flexible if you write your own render functions.  Have a look in cfg.d/views_render_items_example.pl in your repository's configuration.

	...here's one I made earlier: http://langsnap.soton.ac.uk/view/participant/french/105.html -- the function is here: https://github.com/gobfrey/langsnap_eprints/blob/master/eprints_config/cfg.d/z_langsnap.pl (function on line 178, configuration on line 172).  No thumbnails, but they've been laid out in a table with lots of metadata showing and links to all downloadable documents.

	For a more complex example of customised browse views, see http://refrain.ac.uk/view/abstract_item/ (code available here: https://github.com/gobfrey/medmus/blob/master/eprints_config/cfg.d/zz_medieval_music_views.pl )

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services