[EP-tech] load values in field B based on what user selects in Field A

Hello list

I've got a multi-value compound field that has 2 sub fields.

Both sub-fields are of type namedset whose values are stored in separate text files.

Is there a way in eprints to populate the select > options for field 2 based on what the user picks for field 1?

I've been having a look at documentation around file lookups for compound fields, but I'm not sure I'm on the right track with that as these seem to load a single value into the related field (whereas I want a drop down list)

I suppose this sort of thing would be done client side using javascript  - is this the way to go here as well?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards
Mick

Mick Eadie