[EP-tech] Re: How can I help?

hi adam

a bit late but i put here my comment (which i have already sended once
to sheridan):

EP is quite a good software but in my view,
it has strongly needs in improving the core code. with the choosen
finance model, improvments will be spent mostly in new functions.
either payed from research grants (which is getting harder to get in
UK (?)) or payed from organisations which order new functionalities.
on the end not enought for doing core development, HR, sales, support,
... activities?

why not to build-up
a spin-off organisation? independent from the "clumsy" university
rules and try to get financial support with "binding" the universities
(and other EP-operators) with fix and periodic payings for further
development ("maintenance contracts").

and then: a roadmap! how and with whom it will go further with eprints?

i'm looking forward
thanks for your job
regards
christoph