[EP-tech] Re: Different Results from Search/Advanced Search

Hi Dan,

yes, the number of results from quick search should be equal or higher than those from advanced search, not vice versa.
Obviously, your eprints 6157, 5974, and 5977 are not indexed by Xapian.

We have also found that 6 out of 1614 records in our repo were not indexed by Xapian (since we log since 25th September whether a record is indexed ).
Indexing rate should be 100%, not 99.5%!
We have not yet found a reason why this is so, although for 4 records we see some pattern.
Definitely we can say that it is NOT due to record locking.

Your and our case tend us to believe that there must be some bug - it seems that due to some obscure reason Xapian indexing is not triggered.

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle
Zentrale Informatik

mail: martin.braendle@id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56705
fax: +41 44 63 54505
http://www.id.uzh.ch

Inactive hide details for Dan Lear ---25/11/2014 11:34:45---Hi, I have a hosted eprints installation - http://plymsea.ac.uk/Dan Lear ---25/11/2014 11:34:45---Hi, I have a hosted eprints installation - http://plymsea.ac.uk/