[EP-tech] Re: How can I help?

Hi Adam,

Its nice to meet you. I'm new to EPrints development so its nice to hear from another person who has experience of working with the system.

I guess the easy answer would be development of EPrints features, but from a personal point of view I would really benefit from more directed training materials and webinars. I guess along those lines it would be good to improve the documentation with better examples of plug-in development and some best practices when developing using the back-end perl modules and cgi scripts.

In that way we could maybe contribute more to the development of new plugins and bazaar packages ourselves.

Best wishes,

Simon.

Simon Jennings
Research Data Management Software Developer
Library & Archives Service
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

>>> "Field A.N." <af05v@ecs.soton.ac.uk> 20/11/2014 14:25 >>>

  I'm excited to have just joined EPrints Services as Business Relationship and Community Manager, and my key responsibility is engaging with the EPrints userbase.  For those that don't know me, I worked as a consultant and developer with EPrints Services for over six years, and have always attempted to cultivate strong ties with the EPrints and Open Access community.  I've spent the last two years in the computing services department at the University of Southampton, where among other things I've been championing EPrints for storing research data (presented at OR2014 -- see http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/364266/ ).

  To that end, I'd like to ask what I can do for you.  I'd like to put about 20% of my time directly into the hands of the community.  What would be useful to you?  Development of EPrints features?  Regular Webinars and/or Training Videos?  Better documentation?  Face-to-face events?  Let me know what's important to you, and I'll dedicate time to it.

  Please start a public discussion here, and also feel free to contact me directly at af05v@ecs.soton.ac.uk.

--
Adam Field
Business Relationship and Community Manager