[EP-tech] Re: Help with migrating actual eprint documents from 2 to 3.X

Hi Mike,
In EPrints 3, the file object was added. It needs to be generated before
the pdf files can be downloaded.
Try the following instructions from point 3.

Best
Jiadi

      Migrate the documents folder

  * export EPrints 2 Metadata using the provided migration toolkit, make
    change to the exported XML if necessary.
  * import the XML to EPrints 3 server
  * copy over the documents folder to the new server
  * run epadmin upgrade, epadmin update [repoid] -- to upgrade the
    database structure
  * run epadmin upgrade_add_files [repoid] -- to add the file object
    introduced in eprints3

If the files are not downloadable (giving eprints system error), delete
the file table in the database, then do epadmin update(create the files
table), then rerun epadmin upgrade_add_files

On 10/11/2014 16:17, Yuri wrote:
> The migration tool has also the option to migrate documents, did you use it?
>
> Il 10/11/2014 16:30, Michael Street ha scritto:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm in the middle of migrating from a very old version 2 server to the
>> current version.  I've been able to use the migration tool to export
>> and import most of the data successfully.  I've had to massage some
>> things here and there but for the most part, it looks successful.
>>
>> The only issue is that the pdfs and html documents of the eprints
>> themselves have not come across as well.  The entries are there, just
>> not the documents themselves.  I have tried recreating an example
>> document, using the same directory structure as it seems to be
>> expecting, but it did not work.  I was hoping to just be able to
>> wholesale copy the filesystem across and it would work.
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions please?
>>
>> --Mike

Jiadi Yao
jy2e08 at ecs.soton.ac.uk