[EP-tech] Re: Perl question

On 26/09/14 15:40, Andrew Beeken wrote:
Hello all! I’m having a funny one in relation to some customisations
we’ve made to our EPrints installation. In particular I’m getting an
empty sql query returned within the Perl which is causing the user
page creation script to bail with this error: Can’t use (“”) as an
ARRAY ref while “strict” refs in use. I shan’t go into specifics, but
is there a recommended way of gracefully ignoring empty SQL returns?

Yes:

  if (scalar @{ $ref_to_db_return } )
  {
     ## code ##
  }

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.