[EP-tech] Re: User Masquerade

Hi Dave,

This has never been possible as far as I know. Some components sometime allow to do "stuff on behalf of" other users, such as with the REF plug-in.

Such a feature would require low-level patching of EPrints::Repository->current_user (shouldn't be too hard to achieve though eg store a on_behalf_of cookie, have a validate method and a pin on the template to un-masquerade). This would be a sweet feature!

Seb.