[EP-tech] Re: Altmetric plug-in - hide heading

Hi Nick,

Although we’re not actually using the plugin, we have included (by hand) the _javascript_ and tags to put the altmetrics data on our abstracts.

We have a condition in the ‘…/cfg/citations/eprint/summary_page.xml’ file around where the altmetric plugin appears which hides the entire section if the item has not got a DOI.

Essentially as follows (our DOIs are in a field called ‘doi’ in the ‘eprint’ table)

<epc:if test="doi">

  <h2>Altmetrics</h2><br />

  <epc:print expr="$altmetric_ref" />

</epc:if>