[EP-tech] Re: EP_TRIGGER_URL_REWRITE and redirecting to a screen

Hi Seb,
Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm still not sure I understand how to get where I need to be - here's what I'm trying to do:
 - intercept a request for an EPrint - the rewrite trigger matches a URL e.g. http://repo/123/ with '^/(\d+)/$'.  *
 - check (with the new Access Control stuff we're working on :o) whether the request can view the item**
 - if the request is permitted to view, render a variant of the EPrint::Summary screen, EPrint::SecureSummary
 - if it can't, let EPrints do it's normal thing - which in this case will direct to a summary page with minimal metadata.

* I don’t want to redirect from http://repo/123/ to http://repo/cgi/[something],
**There may not be a 'user' at this point in time - there could be an IP-based 'allow'.

Below is what I've got so far for my trigger - I've tried various things - either resulting in a login page, a 404 error or a smoking server...

$c->add_trigger( EP_TRIGGER_URL_REWRITE, sub
{
	my( %args ) = @_;

	my( $repository, $uri, $return_code, $request ) = @args{ qw( repository uri return_code request ) };
	if( defined $uri && ($uri =~ m# ^/(\d+)/$ #x ) )
	{
		my $eprintid = $1;
		my $eprint = $repository->dataset( "eprint" )->dataobj( $eprintid );
		# this is an overridden 'permit' that does some new things, but still returns a '1' or '0'.
		my $can_view = $eprint->permit( "eprint/view", $repository->current_user ); #NB current_user may be undef
		if( $can_view ){
			#render the EPrint::SecureSummary screen
			#and set the return code?
			# ${$return_code} = EPrints::Const::OK;
			#return EP_TRIGGER_DONE;
		}