[EP-tech] Re: Altmetrics

Hi,

On 17/06/14 13:54, Andrew Beeken wrote:
Hello!

Currently trying to get the AltMetrics plugin working. I’ve tried the wrapper method found here: http://api.altmetric.com/embeds.html which I can get outputting onto the eprint_render page (the script and div tags) but seems to do absolutely nothing. There are no errors or warnings in the console relating to this.

Use the plug-in ;)

I’ve also tried to utilise the actual plugin from http://bazaar.eprints.org/340/ - for some reason my development install won’t directly access the bazaar, so I have had to place the plugin files manually into the EPrints install. However, having done that, there’s nothing added to the eprint_render markup.
May happen if you're behind a proxy - you can set $ENV{http_proxy} (that's a linux thing).

The altmetrics widget only displays if the eprint has a DOI (typically in the "id_number" field).

Seb.